Promotional Product Theaters
Promotional product theaters provide time for presentation of new research findings on products, showcasing of product details, demonstrations and highlights of new products. These sessions are promotional and are not eligible for continuing education credits. Attendance at the product theaters is first-come, first-served and seating is limited. A refreshment break or meal is provided at each event.
Monday, April 30, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
Challenges and Opportunities in Schizophrenia Treatment
Andrew J. Cutler, MD
Courtesy Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
University of Florida
CEO and Chief Medical Officer, Florida Clinical Research Center, LLC
Roger W. Sommi, PharmD, FCCP, BCPP
Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Psychiatry
UMKC Schools of Pharmacy and Medicine
Monday, April 30, 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Beyond the Resistance: How Novel Neurobiological Understandings of Depression May Lead to Advanced Treatment Strategies
Objective: Unbranded, educational presentation exploring biomarker data in major depressive disorder and therapeutic options to help address unmet needs.
Program Description: There are emerging themes and challenges in the treatment of mood disorders. Novel ways of addressing depression may have clinical relevance. This educational program will:
- examine the bi-directional relationship between obesity, inflammation and depression
- explore preliminary data on genetic alleles in major depressive disorder
- review evidence using bioavailable L-methylfolate as a targeted therapy
Rakesh Jain, MD, MPH
Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas
Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Texas Tech Health Sciences Center Medical School at Permian Basin, Midland, Texas
Director, Psychopharmacology Research, R/D Clinical Research, Inc, Lake Jackson, Texas
4:30-5:00 PM: Registration/Seating and Break Function
- What are the unmet medical needs in major depressive disorder?
- How do I treat more aggresively? When initial antidepressant monotherapy does not work, does addressing underlying pathology of depression lead to better outcomes?
- What can I do today? More evidence is needed, but some pieces of the personalized medicine puzzle are coming together. Results from double-blind trial of adjunctive L-methylfolate in MDD will be reviewed with emphasis on treatment impact on genetic and other biomarkers
- What is L-methylfolate?
Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis onsite; therefore, pre-registration is not required. Doors will open at 4:30 PM. There is no registration fee to attend this activity.