Minnesota Direct Care and Treatment , Anoka, MN
Last updated: 08/30/2021
Search all residency programs
Andrew L. Zwack
3 years as an RPD
3301 7th Ave N
Anoka, MN 55303
Primary Practice: Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center
1 positions reported
Maximum Number of Positions
- PGY1: 0
- PGY2 Psychiatry: 1
- PGY2 Neurology: 0
- Primary Practice Site: State [institutional] facility
- PGY2 Required Practice Settings: 85% Inpatient / 15% Outpatient
- ASHP Accreditation Status: Yes (code: 63041)
- NMS Participant: Yes (code: 783066)
- Program Inception: 2019
- Application Deadline: January 5th
- Starting Date: 7/6/2022
- Estimated Stipend: $54,000
- Financial Support for CPNP Annual Meeting: Full Support
- Fringe Benefits: Attendance at one national meeting,
Sick leave and vacation/PTO accrual
11 paid holidays per year
- Interviews Required: Yes
- Offers pre-commitment: No
Special Requirements for Application
- Completion of PGY1 Residency OR equivalent experience
- Eligible for state licensure
- College transcripts
- Curriculum vitae
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- US Citizenship
PGY2 Rotations offered
- Adult inpatient psychiatry
- Adult outpatient psychiatry
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Chronic, intermediate, or extended inpatient psychiatry
- Developmental disabilities
- Forensic psychiatry
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Substance abuse
- Other: staffing: 20 hours/month with rotating weekends
- PGY2 Staffing Component: Yes, Required
- PGY2 Teaching Component: Yes, Required
- PGY2 Teaching Certificate Program: Yes, Optional
- PGY2 Other Features: Our residency provides experiences in caring for patients along the spectrum of care, from acute inpatient to long term inpatient to outpatient.
Experiences include but not limited to:
-Acute care psychiatry
-Patient education groups
-Drug information management
Our new outpatient clinic experience includes serving patients with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Our affiliation with the University of Minnesota gives our resident an Academic learning experience opportunity as faculty for an interprofessional mental health program. Through this affiliation there are also opportunities for further professional development (such as an optional teaching certificate among other opportunities).
This residency is within the Minnesota state hospital system.
Core block rotations occur mostly at two main sites in Anoka, MN, and St. Peter, MN, with longitudinal and other experiences occurring at other sites around the state.
- PGY2 Preceptors: 6 BCPPs, 6 Other Pharmacists, 0 Non-Pharmacists
Site Special Features
This residency is within the Minnesota state hospital system. Core block rotations occur mostly at two main sites in Anoka, MN, and St. Peter, MN, with longitudinal and other experiences occurring at other sites around the state.
We have about 50% of our preceptors currently Board-Certified, and more are planning to sit for boards in the future.
Located close to the vibrant and diverse Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro area.
Demonstrated interest in the practice area is also required for application.