Therapeutic Case Report Award Finalists
Therapeutic Case Report abstracts describe the various aspects of pharmaceutical care relating to individual psychiatric and/or neurological pharmacy cases.
- Bradley Burk, PharmD, Psychiatric Clinical Pharmacist, University of Alabama at Birmingham Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
Taking a Chill Pill: A Case Report of Acute Hypothermia during Initial Inpatient Titration of Clozapine
- Jonathan Leung, PharmD, BCPP, BCPS, Psychiatric Clinical Pharmacist, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Successful Continuation of Clozapine in Conjunction with Autologous Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell (CAR T) Immunotherapy
Innovative Practices Award Finalists
Innovatice Practice abstracts describe the development, justification, documentation, and/or delivery of innovative services or activities applicable to psychiatric and neurologic pharmacy.
- Jordan Cooler, PharmD, BCPP, Clinical Assistant Professor, University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Columbia, SC
Implementation of Psychiatric Clinical Pharmacy Services in an On-Campus University Counseling and Psychiatry Clinic
- Shuwen Wu, PharmD, PGY-2 Psychiatric Pharmacy Resident, William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Middleton, WI
Naloxone Stand-Down Day: A Risk-Prioritized Telephone Outreach Event
Original Research Award Finalists
Original Research abstracts describe original research in therapeutics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics, outcomes, drug utilization, kinetics, genetics and academic pursuits, and have not been published in abstract form nor presented as a poster elsewhere before the CPNP 2019 Meeting.
- Jackson Kicklighter, Student Pharmacist, High Point University, High Point, NC
Expanding Naloxone Education in the PharmD Curriculum
- Colin Maehler, Pharmacy Intern, Children's Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO
Transforming Pharmacy Intern Attitudes, Stigma, and Clinical Skills on an Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatry Unit
Research Trainee Award Finalists
Abstracts include Work in Progress and Original Research with interim data analysis.
- Charles Dorflinger, PharmD, BCPS, MS, PGY-2 Psychiatric Pharmacy Resident, VA Northease Ohio Healthcare System, Cleveland, OH
Effectiveness of Paliperidone Palmitate One-Month Long-Acting Injection in Obese Versus Non-Obese Patients
- Hayden Stewart, PharmD, PGY-2 Psychiatric Pharmacy Resident, Michael E. DeBakey Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX
Veteran Adherence to Oral Versus Injectable Alcohol Use Disorder Medication Treatment
CPNP Foundation Strategic Goals Award Finalists
CPNP Foundation Strategic Goals abstracts address stigma associated with psychiatric disorders or enhances the role of pharmacists in mental health prevention or care.
- Rajjumar Sevak, PhD, RPh, Assistant Professor, University of the Pacific, TJ Long School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Stockton, CA
Impact of a Required Neuropsychiatric Course on Mental Health Stigma among Students Enrolled in an Accelerated Pharmacy Program
- Grace Marielle Singson, Student, USC, La Crescenta, CA
Assessing Perception and Knowledge of USC School of Pharmacy Students Regarding Mental Health and LGBTQ+ Care
- $500 honorarium
- Recognition/announcement on-site at the CPNP Annual Meeting
- Post-meeting press release announcements
- Historical recognition on the CPNP website
- Recognition as an award finalist in the Mental Health Clinician