A common cause of drug-drug interactions is a result of cytochrome P450 metabolism. Several psychotropic agents are responsible for or significantly impacted by CYP interactions.
- Is there a list of psychotropic agents and their CYP substrates and inducing/inhibiting capabilities?1
- Is there a list of CYP substrates and associated medications?2
- Where can I find a database with multiple interaction analyses?3
- CYP450 Drug Interactions Table for Psychiatric Medications. Updated 2017. [Weblink]
- Indiana University Department of Medicine. Flockhart Table: P450 Drug Interaction Table. 2016. [Weblink]
- Pharmacist's Letter: Drug Interactions [Weblink] (Purchase/subscription required)