True to the meeting theme of "Phoenix Rising: Taking Neuropsychiatrist Pharmacy Above & Beyond," CPNP 2014 is packed with content and experiences that rise above the rest. Consider the top 5 reasons you should attend and save hundreds of dollars by registering on or before March 27 at pre-registration rates!
- A Stellar Line-Up of Expert Pharmacy and Medical Speakers
A trademark of CPNP conferences are the impactful keynote addresses. CPNP 2014 is no exception with 3 highly relevant keynote addresses including:
- Nassir Ghaemi, MD, MPH, and Joseph Goldberg, MD: Are Atypical Antipsychotics Really Mood Stabilizers?
- Laura Borgelt, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, and Abraham Nussbaum, MD, MTS: Debating Medical Marijuana: Must Everyone Get Stoned to Feel Better?
- Jeffrey Friedman, MD, PhD: Obesity: Understanding the Role of Leptin and Potential Treatment Targets
The faculty includes numerous, additional nationally known pharmacists, physicians and researchers all in 1 place.
- Programming Specific to the Profession
Nearly 30 hours of programming are offered on a variety of topics that are current, cutting-edge and specific to the neuropsychiatric pharmacy professional. Tracks range from Emerging Treatments to Research to Neurology to Current Issues of the Day and so much more.
- Networking and Peer-to-Peer Learning Abound
Although over 500 attendees are anticipated, opportunities for networking and small group learning interactions are interspersed throughout CPNP 2014.
- Sunday: Five learning labs proposed by and facilitated by CPNP members provide you the opportunity to engage in small group learning on a topic of interest to you.
- Monday: A record number of 177 posters will be featured with 3 hours of dedicated time for viewing and 2 hours for interaction with authors.
- Tuesday: Pearls of Wisdom await during the member-led clinical pearls presentations featuring real-life lessons that can be applied immediately in your practice setting.
- Tuesday: Six groups will be meeting at Community Gatherings which are intended to enable informal, ad-hoc collaboration and information sharing between members who share a special interest or practice setting. Gain contacts you can benefit from long after the meeting.
- Earn ACPE and BCPP Recertification Continuing Professional Education Hours
You can earn 18 hours of ACPE credit and five hours of BCPP recertification approved credit (delivered on-site Sunday and Monday afternoons) at CPNP 2014. Five industry supported symposia offer an additional 4.5 hours of ACPE credit which, along with 2 product theater opportunities, are available to round out your educational experience.
- Sunny Phoenix is Always a Good Idea
The Arizona Grand is the leading Arizona family vacation getaway and Southwest meetings destination. The Grand and its conference center offer spacious suite accommodations, an 18-hole golf course, athletic club, spa, salon, an award-winning 7-acre water park, and several unique dining venues. The spacious and comfortable sleeping rooms and meeting space set the stage for a relaxing environment allowing you to soak in all of the knowledge and information shared during productive work days. Coupled with a warm climate and the beautiful backdrop of South Mountain Preserve (the largest municipal park in the world and the second most visited tourist attraction in the state), this is a meeting you won't want to miss.
A reminder that the early registration deadline for CPNP 2014 is Thursday, March 27. Save hundreds of dollars by registering online today! Don't forget that individuals new to CPNP can take advantage of a 6-month complimentary trial membership which provides access to member rates for the Annual Meeting and all other products and services. CPNP has a web-based justification toolkit available to assist you in making your case for attending the CPNP Annual Meeting. See you in Phoenix!