More than ten hours of complimentary ACPE credit are currently available through various educational opportunities. Register today!
- Novel Treatments to Overcome Clinical Challenges in Treating Major Depressive Disorder is an interactive event that will be held in Chicago on August 12, Austin on August 19, Baltimore on September 9 and Oakland on September 16. This hands-on regional meeting series will highlight recently approved and investigational agents for treating patients with MDD along with novel approaches to individualized therapy. Pharmacist- and nurse-driven strategies to maintain MDD treatment goals and optimize patient outcomes will be discussed through didactic presentations and break-out case-based discussions.
- Developing a Treatment Plan for Insomnia When First-Line Options Fail is an application-based case approved for 2.75 contact hours of ACPE credit and is designed for pharmacists and other healthcare professionals with advanced experience in psychiatric pharmacotherapy who have an interest in learning more about the treatment of insomnia. Learning is reinforced through a webinar, an examination with answer justifications, and an evidence-based, referenced case key.
- Binge-Eating Disorder: Developing a Treatment Plan for Binge-Eating Disorder When First-Line Options Fail is an application-based case approved for 2.25 contact hours of ACPE credit and is designed for pharmacists and other healthcare professionals with advanced experience in psychiatric pharmacotherapy who have an interest in learning more about the treatment of binge-eating disorder. Learning is reinforced through an examination with answer justifications and an evidence-based, referenced case key.
- Managing the Neuropsychiatric Manifestations of PD: An Update for Pharmacists and Nurses is the home-study version of the live webinars delivered through CPNP earlier this spring. Those individuals who received live credit for the webinars can't receive ACPE credit for the home-study version. This complimentary, knowledge-based activity is approved for 1.5 contact hours of ACPE credit and is designed to provide psychiatric pharmacist and nurse specialists with the most up-to-date treatment strategies to optimize management and improve outcomes for PD patients experiencing neuropsychiatric symptoms. Through interactive case-based presentations and expert discussion, this activity will review current and novel therapies for neuropsychiatric symptoms of patients with PD as well as strategies to manage their adverse events and drug-drug interactions (DDIs).
- Schizophrenia: Remission, Recovery, and Long-acting Injectable (LAI) Antipsychotics is designed to help pharmacists acquire a higher level of expertise about schizophrenia. Focus is placed on the role of the pharmacist in providing recommendations for improving patient outcomes as well as how the pharmacist can motivate patients to medication plan adherence as a critical piece to remission and recovery. The importance of the pharmacist in identifying emerging adverse reactions, drug interactions, and/or patient nonadherence to therapy in order to communicate these events to appropriate health care team members is addressed.