CPNP 2018 will once again promote research in the field with two poster sessions at the 21st Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana, April 22-25, 2018. Take advantage of this opportunity to submit an abstract of your research in one of five categories by January 17, 2018. Posters will be displayed on Monday, April 23, Tuesday, April 24, and published on cpnp.org and in the June 2018 issue of the Journal of Pharmacy Practice. Abstract categories include:
- Original Research: Abstracts should describe original research in therapeutics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics, outcomes, drug utilization, kinetics, genetics and academic pursuits. Abstracts must not have been published in abstract form nor presented as a poster elsewhere before the CPNP 2017 Meeting.
- Encore Presentation: Abstracts of papers that have been previously presented and peer reviewed. Submission must include where it was previously presented or the abstract will be disqualified. Encore submissions are not eligible for any of the award categories and should not be submitted for award consideration.
- Work in Progress (WIP): Abstracts describing preliminary results or status of ongoing work may be submitted by principal investigators at any stage of their career. Abstracts submitted without results at the time of submission will be considered for this category only.
- Innovative Practices: Abstracts describing the development, justification, documentation, and/or delivery of innovative services or activities applicable to psychiatric and neurologic pharmacy. The descriptive abstract should not duplicate any other poster category and should describe the development of innovative services/activities and should provide background/rationale, a description of the innovative service, the impact on patient care/institution and a conclusion.
- Therapeutic Case Report: Abstracts describing the various aspects of pharmaceutical care relating to individual psychiatric and/or neurological pharmacy cases. Abstracts should provide a complete patient history including age, gender, time from first diagnosis, social background, and details of, and response to, previous and current treatment(s). Cases should include background, complete patient history, review of literature, and conclusion.
When submitting an abstract, researchers can select one of the five award categories to be considered for:
- Research Trainee
- Original Research
- Innovative Practices
- Therapeutic Case Report
- CPNP Foundation Strategic Goals
The abstract submission center is open now and submissions are due January 17, 2018. More information on abstracts and awards is available online at cpnp.org/2018.
Scientific Poster Sessions at CPNP 2018
Plan to attend both poster sessions to view the exciting research being done across the country with varying levels of practice experience in a variety of practice settings. At the same time converse with the researchers to gain insights into their work and network with colleagues also perusing the scientific posters. As an added benefit, you may be inspired with future research topics of your own.
Scientific Poster Session 1: Research Trainees
Monday, April 23, 2018
Over 90 students, residents and fellows will present their posters on Monday evening. Use this opportunity to provide feedback and insight to the trainees, and to encourage the next generation of neuropsychiatric pharmacists as they get started. As the session concludes, awards will be presented to the best posters based on the platform presentations given earlier in the day.
Scientific Poster Session 2
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Spend Tuesday afternoon with our cutting-edge scientific poster session. It is a high-energy afternoon of new ideas and new connections.