In less than 6 months, over 800 psychiatric pharmacists and trainees will travel to Salt Lake City, Utah, to learn, network, and engage with fellow pharmacists at CPNP 2019. The stunning Grand America Hotel, built originally for the 2002 Olympic Games, awaits attendees with spectacular views of the city and mountain backdrop. We can’t wait to bring CPNP 2019 to this spectacular hotel, and we encourage you to book your room at the host hotel now.
The CPNP Program Committee and Recertification Editorial Board have been hard at work and are excited to announce the line-up of scientific, cutting-edge, and applicable topics that will be presented by expert speakers. The full schedule can be found on the Education page on the CPNP 2019 website.
Sunday, April 7:
- Pre-Meeting Workshop: Suicide Prevention, Assessment, and Management Strategies for Pharmacy Professionals
- Pre-Meeting Workshop: Mental Health First Aid
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BCPP)
- Improving Medication Non-Adherence via Motivational Interviewing (BCPP)
- Tardive Dyskinesia: Prevention, Identification, and Management (BCPP)
Monday, April 8:
- Implicit Bias in Health Care
- Updates in First-Episode Psychosis Care and Treatment
- Cannabis: Data on Efficacy and Toxicity in Psychiatric and Neurologic Disorders
- Emerging Medications for Opioid Use Disorders
- Management of Narcolepsy (BCPP)
- Influencing Your Health System as a Psychiatric Pharmacist
- Interprofessional Training in Mental Health Care
- The Role of the Pharmacist in Managing Sexual Dysfunction
- Medication Acceptance and Follow Through In the Digital Age (BCPP)
Tuesday, April 9:
- Establishing Moderators and Biosignatures of Antidepressant Response for Clinical Care of Depression
- Psychiatric Violence Risk Assessment
- CGRP and Migraines
- Addressing Health Issues & Concerns in the Transgender Community
- Post-Stroke Cognitive Impairment: Evidence-Based Treatment
- The Epidemic of Stimulant Use Disorders
- Clinical Controversies in Catatonia
Wednesday, April 10:
- Trauma Informed Care
- Antidepressants: Deciding Appropriate Duration of Therapy
- Psychiatric and Neurologic Medication Pipeline
Get April 7-10, 2019 on your calendar to attend the premier conference on psychiatric pharmacotherapy. Registration is now open, and early registration rates end March 7, 2019.
Do you need help selling your attendance at CPNP 2019 to your employer?
See our Justification Toolkit, which offers benefits messaging, an expense worksheet, and a sample letter to your boss to get you started. We hope you can join us!