#BeThe1To Save a Life!
At CPNP 2019, the CPNP Foundation encouraged all attendees to take action to prevent suicide. Psychiatric health care professionals know that mental illness is often associated with suicidal thoughts. One small action can make a huge difference and can ultimately save a life! BeThe1To:
- ASK how someone is feeling.
- KEEP THEM SAFE if someone is having thoughts about self-harm.
- BE THERE if someone feels alone.
- HELP THEM CONNECT if someone is feeling withdrawn.
- FOLLOW UP if you have spoken to someone about suicidal thoughts or behaviors.
Together, we can prevent suicide. Learn more at https://www.bethe1to.com.
Thank you for doing your part to bring awareness to ways that everyone can help prevent suicide!